Ocean’s Harbor House has recently obtained Ocean County’s Electronic Monitoring (EM) contract from the Youth Services Commission. The program serves Ocean County youth who have been mandated by a juvenile court judge or have met the criteria outlined in the Risk Screening Tool by an Ocean County Juvenile Intake Officer. These youth may range from ages 10-18. The program maintains GPS tracking ankle monitors for the County at any given time.
Some of the objectives to the Electronic Monitoring (EM) are as follows:
- Provide intensive supervision 24/7 utilizing GPS services as well as face to face interactions,
- Conduct Electronic Monitoring Evaluations that will provide a holistic view of youth (and the youth’s family’s) support systems, community engagement and potential for success on the EM bracelet when ordered by the courts.
- Provide stabilization services for court mandated juveniles and their families
- Assist family in obtaining Title 5A (application for representation by a public defender)
- Create case management and goal plan with youth and family
- Provide staff representation and ensure juvenile’s appearance in court, providing transportation if needed
- Work cooperatively with all members of the family court and juvenile justice system as well as community partners such as probation, CMO, DCP&P, MDT, etc.
- Implement a continuum of detention alternative program with options for increasing and decreasing levels of supervision based on compliance and achievements