Electronic Monitoring (EM)
Ocean’s Harbor House has recently obtained Ocean County’s Electronic Monitoring (EM) contract from the Youth Services Commission. The program serves Ocean County youth who have been mandated by a juvenile court judge or have met the criteria outlined in the Risk Screening Tool by an Ocean County Juvenile Intake Officer. These youth may range from ages 10-18. The program maintains GPS tracking ankle monitors for the County at any given time.
Some of the objectives to the Electronic Monitoring (EM) are as follows:
- Provide intensive supervision 24/7 utilizing GPS services as well as face to face interactions,
- Conduct Electronic Monitoring Evaluations that will provide a holistic view of youth (and the youth’s family’s) support systems, community engagement and potential for success on the EM bracelet when ordered by the courts.
- Provide stabilization services for court mandated juveniles and their families
- Assist family in obtaining Title 5A (application for representation by a public defender)
- Create case management and goal plan with youth and family
- Provide staff representation and ensure juvenile’s appearance in court, providing transportation if needed
- Work cooperatively with all members of the family court and juvenile justice system as well as community partners such as probation, CMO, DCP&P, MDT, etc.
- Implement a continuum of detention alternative program with options for increasing and decreasing levels of supervision based on compliance and achievements