The Supervised Transitional Living Program (STLP) was established in 2001 by Ocean’s Harbor House to meet the needs of older youth, ages 16-21. In the past, these youth were too old for traditional shelter services, yet they still required supervised housing and/or everyday life skills in order to become self-sufficient, independent adults.
Youth who participate in the STLP receive the following services:
- Educational and Vocational Counseling
- Job Search, Interview Skills, Resume Writing, SAT and GED preparation
- Weekly Support Groups
- Anger Management, Drug/Alcohol Prevention, Parent/Sibling Support, along with other groups pertaining to self-sufficiency
- Referral and Case Management Services
- Individual and Family Counseling
Participants are offered secure and stable living conditions for up to 18 months. While staying within the STLP, these youth receive life skill counseling and training including budget/financial management, menu planning, nutrition and food preparation, use and management of credit, consumer education, housekeeping, personal hygiene, safety instruction, planning for leisure/social activities and methods of obtaining vital documents (social security card, birth certificate, citizenship application, working papers, etc).
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE, VOLUNTARY AND CONFIDENTIAL
Find out more about the other programs we offer here.